V, Vg, DF, GF
1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
½ red onion, chopped roughly
1 clove garlic , crushed
1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
1 large sweet potato, chopped (not peeled)
1 heaped tsp grated fresh root ginger
¼ tsp turmeric
2 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
½ red pepper diced
75ml coconut milk
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and gently saute the onion and garlic for a few minutes until they start to soften but do not brown.
- Add the carrot, sweet potato, ginger, turmeric and stock powder. Just cover with boiling water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the red pepper and coconut milk.
- Blend the soup with a hand blender until smooth and creamy.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with toasted rye bread (or gluten free bread) spread with hummus and a rocket salad dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.