Roast chicken salad
For the roast chicken salad:
¼ roast chicken, torn into pieces (this is a good dish to have the day after you have your sunday roast)
1 avocado, sliced
1 head chicory, chopped
½ bag salad leaves (e.g. rocket)
Handful walnuts, chopped
Handful fresh basil or mint
¼ cucumber, chopped
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Place the leaves into a large bowl and sprinkle over the chicken, chicory, walnuts, raisins, cucumber and avocado.
- Tear up the fresh basil/ mint and sprinkle over the salad.
- Add the oil and vinegar to a glass jar, pop on the lid and shake until mixed. Then pour over salad.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Carrot and coriander soup
V, Vg, DF, GF
500g carrots, peeled and chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 litre vegetable or chicken stock
2 tablespoons olive oil
Large handful fresh coriander
Salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan then add the onions and a pinch of salt fry until soft and translucent, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring to avoid burning.
- Add carrots then stock and bring to the boil then reduce the heat.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
- Tip into a blender with the coriander or use a hand blender. Whizz until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls.