2 beef steaks (e.g. sirloin)
2 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
100g bag rocket
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Place wedges on a baking tray and cover with 1.5 tbsp olive oil and some salt. Set time for 30-40 minutes.
- Place the rocket into a large bowl and pour over the remaining olive oil and the balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and black pepper.
- 15 minutes before the wedges are finished, heat 2tsp olive oil in a frying pan and once hot add the steaks. Cook 1.5 min on each side for rare, 2 min each side for medium rare and 2.5 min each side for medium (these timings will be longer for a fillet steak). Remove from pan and place on plates to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve the wedges with the steak and a serving of rocket salad.